The City is proposing to construct two new youth baseball fields within the existing Crystal Springs Picnic Area located in Griffith Park in the City of Los Angeles.
The City prepared a draft environmental impact report (EIR) to analyze the environmental impacts of the proposed project and requested input from responsible agencies, trustees, and other interested parties. The public review period ended December 17, 2013.
A Final Environmental Impact Report was published and can be viewed using the link below. On April 2, 2014, the Board of Recreation and Park Commissioners approved the project, certified the Final EIR, adopted a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan, and adopted Findings of Fact and the Statement of Overriding Considerations. On April 9, 2014, a Notice of Determination (NOD) was filed with the Los Angeles County Clerk. On August 15, 2014, the City Council adopted the April 2, 2014 action of the Board of Recreation and Park Commissioners and concurred in Board's approval of the project. A second NOD was filed with the Los Angeles County Clerk. Each of these documents can be viewed below.
Hollywood Community Plan area, Council District 4. Northeast Los Angeles Community Plan area, Council District 13. If you have any questions, please contact Maria Martin at (213) 485-5753 or Maria.Martin@lacity.org.
(Click on italicized text to view report)
|Review Status||Public Review Period|
|Notice of Preparation||Completed||January 10, 2013 - February 8, 2013|
|Initial Study||Completed||January 10, 2013 - February 8, 2013|
|Notice of Availability of Draft EIR||Closed||October 31, 2013 - December 17, 2013|
|Draft Environmental Impact Report||Closed||October 31, 2013 - December 17, 2013|
- Appendix A: NOP/IS and Comments Received on NOP
- Appendix B: Visual Impact Assessment (Aesthetics)
- Appendix C: Air Quality / Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Appendix D: Biological Resources
- Appendix E: Cultural Resources
- Appendix F: Noise
- Appendix G: Recreation
- Appendix H: Transportation/Traffic
Final Environmental Impact Report
- Appendix A: Notice of Availability
- Appendix B: Notice of Availability Distribution List and Newspaper Notice
- Appendix C: Public Hearing Transcript, Speaker Cards and Sign-in Sheets
- Appendix D: Supplemental Information
Findings and Statement of Overriding Considerations
Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan