The Bureau of Engineering plans to acquire a portion of a parcel in the El Sereno neighborhood of Northeast Los Angeles for development of a new evidence warehouse. A portion of the facility will be operated by LAPD's Commercial Auto Theft division (CATS).The project involves the subdivision of a 6.6-acre lot located at the northwest corner of the Marianna Avenue and Worth Street. This lot will be subdivided to accommodate two projects. However, this Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) will only analyze the subdivision of the site and the construction of an approximately 80,000 square-foot warehouse within one of the two newly created parcels. The warehouse will be constructed within a 128,118 square-foot (2.94-acre) site that has frontage on both Marianna Avenue and Worth Street. This building will contain three components, a larger warehouse, separate office space for LAPD evidence employees, and a separate office space for CATS (Commercial Auto Theft). A total of 237 parking spaces will be provided for the project. Access will be provided by two driveway connections along the north side of Worth Street and a ramp connection along the west side of Marianna Avenue.
Although the initial study identified potentially significant biological, noise and transportation/circulation impacts, mitigation measures were applied in those areas to reduce the impacts to levels less than significant.
This notice is intended to give interested parties an opportunity to comment on the proposed project. The Initial Study is available for review at:
- El Sereno Branch Library, 5226 S. Huntington Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032
- Malabar Branch Library, 2801 Wabash Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033
- Council District 14 - Boyle Heights Field Office, 2130 E. 1st Street, Suite 241, Los Angeles, CA 90033
- Council District 14 – City Hall Office, 200 N. Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Bureau of Engineering, Environmental Management Group (EMG), 1149 South Broadway, Los Angeles 90015 (contact Talmage Jordan at (213) 485-5754);
or online below.
(Click on italicized text to view report)
|Review Status||Public Review Period|