Info For Homeowners

LOMA / LOMR-F Tutorial Series

If you are a homeowner and believe your property is not located in the designated 100-year floodplain [also known as a 1-percent-annual-chance floodplain, or Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA)], as shown on the effective Flood Insurance Rate Map or Digital Flood Insurance Rate Map for your community and you would like the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to make an official determination regarding the location of your property relative to the SFHA, you may request a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or a Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-F).

For more info on LOMA, please visit:

A LOMC (Letter Of Map Change) is a letter which reflects an official revision to an effective Flood Insurance Rate Map. LOMCs are issued in place of the physical revision and republication of the effective map.

For more information on LOMC please visit:

You can search the LOMA records by Case ID, Map Panel ID, or State/County/Community at: to Find a LOMC.


Elevation Certificate

FEMA's new Elevation Certificate (EC) was approved for use, effective February 13, 2006, through February 28, 2009. The new form has been revised and now requires the certifier to provide the square footage of the enclosed area below the elevated floor and at least two photographs of the building, if the EC is being used to obtain flood insurance.

More information on ECs and an electronic version of the form can be located here on FEMAs website:

For additional information on Flood related topics, please visit FEMAs flood hazard website at:

To view Elevation Certificates & Floodproofing , please visit: