Taylor Yard River Park Project
The City of Los Angeles purchased the Taylor Yard G2 parcel (G2) on March 1, 2017. The nearly 250-acre Taylor Yard complex, of which the G2 is derived, was historically owned by Union Pacific Railroad Company and its predecessors for rail maintenance and fueling. G2 is a Los Angeles River-adjacent, approximately 42-acre property located in the Cypress Park community of Council District 1.
The Taylor Yard River Park Project is Project No. 165 of the City Council-adopted Los Angeles River Revitalization Master Plan, and described in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Los Angeles River Ecosystem Restoration Feasibility Study (also known as the ARBOR or “Area with Restoration Benefits and Opportunities for Revitalization” Study), for which the City is serving as local sponsor. G2 is situated in Reach 6 of the ARBOR Study and is adjacent to a soft-bottomed portion of the Los Angeles River. The site is a brownfield and therefore complicated by legacy contamination, but it offers the first opportunity to provide direct access to the Los Angeles River in historically-underserved communities. Taylor Yard River Park is critical to the fulfillment of the ARBOR Study goals to restore ecosystem values in and along the Los Angeles River.
Task Order Solicitation
The Bureau of Engineering has released a Task Order Solicitation (TOS) to the proposed Pre-Qualified On Call Wastewater and Engineering Consultants List on June 26, 2017. Proposals for this TOS are due on Monday, August 14, 2017. The scope of the TOS was outlined in a presentation offered to all consultants on the proposed list on May 30, 2017. Available below are links to the presentation and sign-in sheets from the Pre-Solicitation Meeting, as well as TOS No. 13.
- Taylor Yard G2 Parcel Pre-Solicitation Meeting, May 30, 2017
- Taylor Yard G2 Parcel Pre-Solicitation Sign-In Sheets, May 30, 2017
- TOS No. 13 - Taylor Yard G2 Parcel Implementation Plan, Site Assessments, and Interim Development Design Services (Click Download to view file)
Pre-Qualified On Call Wastewater and Engineering Consultants List
The Pre-Qualified On Call Wastewater and Engineering Consultants List contains the following consulting firms:
- AECOM - Scott Dellinger, (213) 792-4591
- Arcadis - Harmik Aghanian, (213) 797-5267
- ARUP - Richard Prust, (310) 578-2881
- Atkins - Alberto Acevedo, (714) 750-7275
- Black & Veatch - Mike Agbodo, (213) 312-3308
- Brown and Caldwell - Majid Karim, (213) 271-2238
- Carollo Engineers - Gil Crozes, (213) 489-1587
- CDM Smith, Inc. - David Jensen, (213) 457-2145
- Ch2M - Judith Ibarra-Bianchetta, (213) 228-8249
- DR Consultants & Designers, Inc. - Wanda Martinez, (213) 687-1130
- Geosyntec Consultants - Ken Susilo, (310) 957-6100
- HATCH - Tom West, (213) 500-9911
- Hazen & Sawyer - Lynn Grijalva, (213) 234-1080
- HDR - David Bachtel, (951) 320-7300
- Kennedy Jenks - Joseph Wojslaw, (626) 568-4306
- Lee & Ro - Steve Ro, (626) 912-3391
- MARRS - Riaz Chaudhary, (714) 213-8650
- McMillen Jacobs Associates - Jonathan Bonesteel, (626) 912-3391
- MWH Stantec - Sarah Munger, (626) 568-6290
- Parsons - Surendra Thakral, (626) 440-6263
- Psomas - Byron Tobey, Jr., (714) 481-7936
- Tetra Tech, Inc. - Robin Nezhad, (615) 218-3268
- Woodard & Curran / RMC - Brian Dietrick, (408) 239-6164
- WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff - Baron Miya, (213) 362-9477
Los Angeles River Revitalization Master Plan
For more information please go to: http://boe.lacity.org/lariverrmp/.
Los Angeles River Ecosystem Restoration Feasibility Study
For more information please go to: http://lariver.org/blog/la-river-ecosystem-restoration.