The City of Los Angeles (City) and California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) have completed an Initial Study/Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration and Environmental Assessment (IS/EA) for the Riverside Drive Bridge Widening and Rehabilitation Project, pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act and National Environmental Policy Act.
The proposed project is located south of the intersection of Victory Boulevard, Sonora Avenue, and Riverside Drive and north of Zoo Drive in the Hollywood Community Planning Area of the City and County of Los Angeles. The project includes widening and rehabilitating the existing four-lane bridge to correct geometrical design deficiencies, address seismic vulnerabilities, and improve pedestrian and bicycle travel. No right of way acquisition would be required for this project.
The IS/EA went under public review for 30 days.
The IS/EA may be viewed at the following locations:
- City, Bureau of Engineering, 1149 S. Broadway, Suite 750, Los Angeles (by appointment; call (213) 485-5751)
- Caltrans, District 7, 100 S. Main Street, Los Angeles
- Atwater Village Branch Library, 3379 Glendale Boulevard, Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Central Library, 630 W. 5th Street, Los Angeles
- Buena Vista Branch Library, 300 North Buena Vista Street, Burbank
- Glendale Public Library, 222 E. Harvard Street, Glendale
- Grandview Branch Library, 1535 Fifth Street, Glendale
- Caltrans Website: http://www.dot.ca.gov/d7/env-docs/
The environmental documents are also available at the links below. For questions, contact Jing Jaw, project manager, at (213) 485-5174.
(Click on italicized text to view report)
|Review Status||Public Review Period|
|Notice of Availability Of IS/EA|
|Initial Study/Environmental Assessment||Closed||May 9, 2013 - June 7, 2013|
|Memorandum of Agreement|
|Historic American Engineering Record|