EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY (3/26/2020):
In an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to be consistent with directives from Mayor Eric Garcetti, the TCTMC regular meetings will only be available to attend online and via conference call. Please see the following instructions.
Applicants are required to submit the following TCTMC application item to firstname.lastname@example.org:
All pertinent permit applications (Click on the following link for more information: Permit Types)
- Cover Letter (Click on the following link to view a sample: Sample of Cover Letter)
- Detailed Construction Plan (Click on the following link to view a sample: Sample of Detail Construction Plan)
- Worksite Traffic Control Plan (WTCP) which entails:
- Existing conditions of the worksite, appropriate dimensions, current surrounding areas and streets. Designers shall field verify the site conditions before completing the Worksite Traffic Control Plans.
- Site-specific detour operations for EACH phase. Phases must be overlapping one another, as applicable.
- Identify any major businesses and/or entities around the proposed work areas, such as schools, hospitals, stadiums, convention centers, events, etc…
- Traffic control plans drawn to a scale of 1"=40' printed on 11x17 size paper with the estimated duration in number of days, a location on the plans to enter the assigned TCTMC number and reference the corresponding WATCH Manual page(s) for each phase.
- Click on the following link to view a sample:Sample of Worksite Traffic Control Plans
- Work Schedule for the work to be performed as part of the lane reduction: Sample of Work Schedule
- Expired permits and/or previous TCTMC approved minutes as applicable.
- In case of work being done during Holiday Moratorium, typically 3rd week of November to January 2, Holiday Construction Moratorium Exemption/Variance is required (Click here for more information on Holiday Moratorium). Please contact Amy Shum at (213) 482-7060 for more information.
- In case of work being done during night hours, between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., Police Commission Approval for night work, is required (LAMC 41.40). The application process takes approximately 45 days. The letter of approval must be presented to the committee. Please contact Police Commission at (213) 236-1400 for more information.
- In case of work being done during peak hours, a Peak Hour Exemption is required. "Peak traffic hours" is Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. (LAMC 62.61). Application and proof of payment must be presented to the committee. Please contact Amy Shum at (213) 482-7060 for a Peak Hour Exemption Request associated with a BOE (Bureau of Engineering) permit. Please contact Manuel Perez at (213) 761-0977 for a Peak Hour Exemption Request associated with a BSS (Bureau of Street Services) permit.